Monday, March 31, 2008

A Tale of Two Cities...

... is a really great book that I read in high school. As everyone knows, it takes place in Paris and London, both of which I've now visited! Michelle and I spent the weekend with her family in London, and it was really great. We flew in on Friday really late and left Sunday afternoon, so it was a short trip, but totally worth it. Everything was green and beautiful, but it was rainy on Saturday. But what's a weekend in the UK without a little drizzle, eh?



















The famous phone booths














The Tower Bridge














The Queen's quarters at the Tower of London














Fish and chips! (With salt and vinegar, of course.) Delicious.















The London Eye















Me and Michelle in front of Buckingham Palace







































Westminster Abbey















Another shot. I couldn't take enough pictures of it!















Wonderful English breakfast at the hotel















Shakespeare's Globe Theatre (white building)














Picadilly Circus














I found it Melynn!














Classic double decker bus

4 comments:

melynn said...

So glad you found the Texas Embassy! Didn't it make you feel at home to see the Texas flag? Looking at your pictures makes me so happy. I'm really glad you got to see London and all the sights. Y'all covered a lot of territory. Way to go!

See you in Florida in 5 weeks!

Love you sister friend.

Laura & Whitney said...

So, I heard that at the University, Jeremy Bentham is frozen in ice in one of the halls. I wonder if that is true. Sounds like fun! Love you!

Andrew Moody said...

One of our regrets about our time in Holland was that we never went to London! Thanks for the great pics. I especially like the ones of Westminster Abbey.

melynn said...

Girlfriend, update this blog! We need to know more about all the parties in Spain!